OPTIK MIZEN produces highly advanced multi-focal and Rx ophthalmic lenses exclusively for the INDEPENDENT practice.
Quality is our signature, but that's only half the story. The other is SERVICE. We genuinely love what we do and take pride in maintaining the friendliest, most dedicated approach of any UK lens supplier! Forming friendships with good people is what makes OM so satisfying.
Our SPACE & TIME progressive lenses benefit from the very latest generation of digital mapping technology which affords us greater control over lens topography.
Our designs intelligently expel astigmatism to reduce peripheral abberration and widen visual fields for the patient. As such, we are able to produce varifocal lenses that sit alongside equivalent products from the "BIG 4": Essilor, Hoya, Nikon and Zeiss.
The difference with OM? Well, we like to think there are a few key differences...
- Firstly, our pricing structure. As a small organisation with low overheads and a modest marketing budget, we have made the decision to work on a fixed margin across the board to ensure we continually achieve the lowest possible price point for elite lens production.
- Secondly, our customer service. You will never speak to anyone at OM and be left in any doubt that your business is valued and your opinion vital. We are friendly, knowledgeable and always upbeat. Our number one priority is to delight your patients and we will do all in our power to achieve this.
- Thirdly, our honesty! We explain our technologies, their benefits and their limitations, as clearly and transparently as possible. We actively avoid marketing hyperbole. And we will always give an honest opinion on a lens or a circumstance, whether relating to OM or indeed an alternative supplier.
- Fourthly, we can help you to finance the purchase of improved technology for your practice. Whilst that doesn't make us unique, our customers tend to find that working with OM is a more attractive solution than the type of deals offered by the large suppliers.
- Finally, we do not (and never will) supply to multiples. It's not that we have anything against multiples; it's just that we believe the independent practice is far better placed to provide a less hurried, more individual level of eye care with a greater range of lens options to ensure that patients benefit from the best possible vision.
At the premium end of lens production there are several suppliers making fantastic lenses, and we have great respect for our larger competitors. The OPTIK MIZEN ethos won't suit every independent practice and we completely understand that. We're here to form real relationships with likeminded independent people.
Our CEO has 20 years experience in the industry and is highly regarded for his conscientious and ethical approach to business, as well as his supportive leadership style. He was supplying freeform varifocal lenses to UK independent practices a full three years before Essilor introduced freeform technology, and was very closely involved in the process of refining and perfecting the design mappings for our elite SPACE & TIME multi-focals.
Director/Partner Rob Harnett is particularly passionate about the independent sector. Energetic, conscientious, and with a keen focus on detail, he loves hearing your views and is always on hand to provide technical support and advice. As our customers will attest, you won't meet a nicer, more genuine guy than Rob in the industry. [Follow Rob on Twitter @TheLensGuy]
Director/Partner Justyn Walcott makes it his personal mission to ensure everyone is delighted with the lenses and service they receive from OPTIK MIZEN. In a day and age where sincerity in business can be a rare commodity, it's hardly surprising that he is so highly regarded by everyone he deals with.
All our customers LOVE dealing with Denny. As our Customer Service Manager she embodies the bright, friendly spirit of OM and is always on hand to give support and advice and generally make sure that our customers receive the best care in the industry. If you've ever felt like you're not being taken seriously enough when on the phone to a lens supplier, you'll understand why a fantastic attitude like Denny's makes such a difference.
Stephan is in overall charge of lens production in the lab. He has almost a decade's experience in top-tier lens manufacturing and sets his standards extremely high. He insists on incredible cleanliness and has the lab staff spend almost as much time cleaning our equipment as making lenses! He has developed a very specific process for applying the various stages in the EXCELCIS AR coating process which results in greater adhesion between the layers. Though very serious about his vocation, Stephan also has a keen sense of humour that makes for a very positive and friendly working dynamic in the lab.
Marie is Supervisor for Quality Control in our lab, with an eagle eye that ensures not even the tiniest blemish is allowed to escape the production line.
What we all have in common at OPTIK MIZEN can be summed up in one word: passion.
We LIVE AND BREATHE both lenses and relationships.
We love what we do. We believe in what we do.
Let's work together.